Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book Review: Hot Connections Jewelry.

In my hot little hands I have an advance copy of Hot Connections Jewelry: The Complete Sourcebook of Soldering Techniques by Jennifer Chin. (published by Crown Publishing/Potter Craft). I love the photos on the front of this book, especially the necklace.
I'm impressed by the level of detail in the book, from the explanation of metals and tools to choosing the right torch and flame to setting up your workspace. There are many projects in the book with detailed instructions.

I tried soldering last summer with mixed results. After reading the section on torches, I think the flame on my torch was too small for the thickness of the metal. I would like to give soldering another try one of these days, especially after looking through this book.

No comments: